Business Area: Client Success/PMO
• Job Level: Team/Squad Lead. Subject Matter Expert
• Location: Home-based with expected presence in Company Office locations and client addresses, as required
• Reporting to: Head of Project Delivery
• Direct Reports: Project managers within designated squad
Consistently high-quality project delivery is the lifeblood of any professional services organisation. Being client-centric and delivery-led means, we work closely and collaboratively with our clients to deliver exceptional projects within the commercial bounds agreed. We’re only as good as our latest project engagement. We’re driven by continuous improvement and learning from what went before to become greater.
As a seasoned professional, the Senior Project Manager (SPM) leads by example as the primary day-to-day contact in our bid for ongoing client success, across an array of complex engagements. By establishing and maintaining constructive professional relationships with our clients and successfully delivering all engagements from workshops and negotiations to complex technology implementations.
The SPM as a Squad Lead will be a player-manager – not only looking after their own portfolio of projects but assuming responsibility for the wider programme of projects within their squad - working to support, coach and mentor the other members of the squad in becoming greater.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
• Set the standard (by example) for consistent project delivery excellence;
• Lead multi-disciplinary (potentially full-time, contract and 3rd party partner staff) teams effectively, in a bid to achieve high quality, often complex and concurrent project delivery, within agreed time and budget;
• Drive to achieve and exceed client expectations and satisfaction whilst subscribing to best practice measures;
• Coaching and mentoring of Squad members to become greater by thinking greater, being better together and doing what’s right;
• Effective management of all project communications in line with agreed communications plan;
• Effective management of Deliverable assurance in line with commercial obligations;
• Collaborating with Head of Project Delivery and PMO/Operations to produce accurate and timely reporting, forecasting and expectation management;
• Strive to maintain desired levels of personal and squad utilisation;
• Contribute to recruitment activity where appropriate;
KPI’S & REPORTING
• Meeting or exceeding personal (and where appropriate, practice) utilisation as agreed with the Head of Project Delivery;
• Meeting or exceeding personal and squad delivery utilisation as agreed with the Head of Project Delivery;
• Establishing and maintaining delivery excellence within the squad – starting with the Brilliant Basics;
• Working with Head of Project Delivery to optimise practice performance and evolution;
• Living the Kocho values;
• Striving for happy clients that want to continue to work with Kocho;
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Extensive experience in working within a similar professional services organisation (technical consultancy, software development agency, systems integrator etc) to Kocho;
• Comprehensive experience and understanding of a range of recognised project methodologies;
• Established track record of delivering complex and multi-party technical projects to enterprise clients using formal project management methodologies;
• Collaborative and inclusive approach, with ability to balance competing demands and work co-operatively with all stakeholders;
• Mature approach to manging risk and resulting expectations;
• Ability to multi-task across range of projects/tasks at any one time;
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral;
• Attention to detail, time-management, and ability to deliver on agreed commitments.
• Mature understanding of the technologies Kocho work with;
• Mature commercial understanding – budgets, revenue, margin etc;
• Significant experience of delivering projects in an Agile/iterative manner;
Education & qualifications
• Formal project management qualifications such as Agile/SCRUM/SAFE or Prince 2 are expected. PERSON SPECIFICATION Attribute Expectations
• Demonstrate a passion for the business focus and technologies.
• Promote the company’s vision and values.
• Bring about innovative solutions.
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of quality, expertise, and competence within subject
Your application was submitted successfully.