The Onsite Engineer role consists of managing incidents and requests either face to face or over the
phone from the initial request to resolution, using the ticketing system to record and document all
progress through to ticket closure, ensuring that customer satisfaction and service level agreements
- Provide 2nd line support for all clients where assigned, either over the phone utilising remote
troubleshooting tools and techniques, or face to face interacting directly with the customer
- Respond to alerts as required including testing, debugging and troubleshooting and provide detailed information on the nature of issues encountered.
- Complete initial diagnosis of all incidents and either resolve to the customers satisfaction using documented procedures and processes or escalate to 3rd line
- Lead by example to set the technical standards of the Company, actively promoting outstanding customer support.
- Support for physical/virtual servers, network and security systems, desktop environments, remote access and mobility solutions, telephony and business applications.
- Communicate with clients in a courteous, efficient, effective and professional manner, keeping them updated and informed at all times.
- Have a clear and detailed understanding of how technology relates to business strategies and goals.
- Assist in ensuring that all service agreements, delivery promises and performance standards are met, and client’s expectations are managed.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the IT industry, with any experience in the Financial /MSP sector
- Support and hands-on knowledge of;
- Networking solutions; Cisco WAN/LAN, Routing/Switching, Security, Wi-Fi, Fortinet Firewall (certs a bonus), good security awareness i.e. SecureWorks
- Wintel technologies; Windows Server, Active Directory, Office 365, Group Policy, Exchange, SQL, IIS, SharePoint etc.
- Remote access & mobility: VPN, Terminal Services, Citrix, MDM etc.
- Desktop technologies; Windows, Office 365, Intune, Bloomberg etc.
- Cloud technologies: Azure, AWS etc.
- Server: VMWare Server, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Server 2012, SQL,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to explain technical issues to nontechnical staff at all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to prepare, present and share knowledge with colleagues and clients.
- Strong software and hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Highly capable problem solving abilities.
- Experience of ConnectWise Automation Platform or similar support system